ITEC Training In Reiki
Qualifications gained from ITEC in this course:
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic Reiki (Reiki first, second and third level practitioner)
- Reiki Ireland Certificates in Traditional Reiki -Reiki first, second and third level practitioner
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology.
- ITEC Certificate in Client Care, Professional Conduct & Business Awareness.
- Certificate in Energy Management & Awareness, Green Tara College
- Certified to gain insurance
- Certified to join professional associations
- Hold qualifications which allow you to proceed to Reiki Master Teacher Training
- Hold an internationally recognized Reiki qualification that is recognized the world over
For Course Fees & Dates – see end of page
If you hold previous relevant ITEC qualifications you may be exempt from certain modules.
If you hold previous reiki qualifications you may be exempt from certain reiki modules, contact Majella if you already hold Reiki 1, 2, 3 thank you
The course consists of four strands:
- The Practice and theory of Reiki
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Energy management & awareness
- Professional Client Care & Business Awareness
The Practice & Theory of Reiki
You will grow throughout the year in your knowledge and understanding of Reiki as we progress through the different Reiki levels. This will be achieved by constantly building on your experience and practice of Reiki within the learning environment and your practice at home. This Reiki training is taught with a firm basis in a spiritual perspective throughout and we will practice and build on meditation and energy awareness.
The course contains the following:
- What is Reiki and how it actually works
- Explanation and experience of the different stages/levels of Reiki
- The benefits of Reiki.
- The History of Reiki.
- The Reiki Life Principles.
- The spiritual concepts and philosophy of Reiki
- Explanation of Attunement/initiation process & traditional Reiki attunements into first, second and third level .
- Meditation/visualisation- from beginners to advanced
- Understanding of what energy is and how it works in healing and in our everyday lives.
- Explanation of the energetic systems of the body including the aura, charka's.
- Reiki breathing process and posture
- Sharing of experiences of Attunement/initiations, practicing Reiki and questions arising.
- Practice of giving Reiki for self-healing, family, friends, clients, short and long treatments, chair treatment, and a couch/bed treatment.
- Each student will experience giving and receiving Reiki and doing self Reiki throughout the course.
- Reiki for animals, food, plants
- Distant Reiki Second Level for plants, animals, distant or absent clients and for world healing
- Room cleansing & blessing
- Meeting your Reiki guide/spiritual helpers
- Explanation and practice of distant Reiki Healing and distant treatments
- Teaching the reiki symbols and practice of them in second and third level
- Teaching and practice of reiki hand position for self-healing, chair treatment, and lying on a plinth while using the symbols.
- Each student to practice giving and receiving Reiki incorporating the use of the reiki symbols.
- Practice and teaching of distant & absent Reiki healing using the symbols.
- Practice and teaching of using the Reiki symbols in the student’s everyday life.
- Considerations when giving Reiki & the possible effects during & following a Reiki treatment
- Teaching the importance of personal energy management, protection, self-care and well-being while giving and receiving Reiki and in your everyday life.
- Course Handouts
- How to bring Reiki home and the ways you can work with it in your daily life
- Upon successful completion you will be eligible to become a member of a professional Reiki association
- In third level - Attunement to the Master Symbols
- Teaching of the Master Symbols and uses.
- In third level you learn Advanced energy healing work to include clearing energy, scanning the energy field, seeing the energy field. (unique to Reiki Ireland)
- Advanced set of hand positions working the meridian and touch point centers leading to a more involved and deeper way of working for the practitioner. (Unique to Reiki Ireland).
- Opportunities to share workshop experience.
- Code and ethics of a third level Practitioner
- Further understanding of the Holistic Approach
- Further study of the bodies energetic systems
- Further review of the philosophies of Reiki
- Client care and handling//Business & Legal requirements and gaining Insurance for the Reiki Practitioner
- Illness/related organs & relevant treatments
- Advanced meditation techniques (unique to Reiki Ireland) & Advanced breath techniques and posture (unique to Reiki Ireland)
- Reiki & other complementary Therapies
- Working with the Kundalini and advanced techniques (unique to Reiki Ireland)
- Dowsing & kinesiology testing
- Case Studies and the keeping of client records and treatments.
- An introduction of Psychology and understanding of the psychological make up of the human being
Anatomy & Physiology
- In-depth training, teaching and understanding of the systems of the body.
- Relating Reiki to your knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology.
If you are travelling from a long distance this module can be taken at a school closer to you.
Client Care & Professional Conduct
Learning how to work with clients, creating a safe healing space, meeting the client’s needs, communication skills, personal well being while working with clients, palliative care, clients with special needs, referral procedures etc.
- Business Practice: Exploring the different types of business, operating as a sole trader or an employer, health & safety, hygiene, insurance, marketing, special requirements, networking, communication, marketing literature, developing your relationship with other therapists, professional associations.
- Being in business: Insurance and legal considerations, record keeping, marketing, therapist boundaries and capabilities – not counselling.
Energy Management & Awareness
Students will become aware of energy and how it works in our everyday life, the philosophy’s and practices of working as an energetic practitioner.
€ 1,495.00 per year + Examination fee: €180.00, = total of €1665.00 which can be paid in monthly installments.
Training includes all Reiki manuals, ITEC Reiki Diploma, ITEC Anatomy & Physiology Diploma, ITEC Business Diploma & Manual, Green Tara College Energy Management Certificate, Green Tara College, Reiki 1 Certificate, Reiki 2 Certificate, Reiki 3 Practitioner's Certificate. In-depth examination preparation. Course material provided
BSc, BA, Traditional Usui Reiki Master
Majella is your Reiki teacher and has been working with Reiki for over fifteen years and is an inspiring and dedicated teacher in the field of Reiki. Majella is one of the first people in the country to bring the Reiki training to a deeper professional levels in the quality of the teaching, the hours of training, in the spiritual perspective, in the case study practice and has been teaching the reiki Practitioner standards for many years that are only now being brought in by current associations and federations. Majella has been training students and working with clients on a full time basis in Reiki for over 15 years and is extremely experienced.
Qualifications relevant to Reiki
Traditional Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner, Seichem Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner, Sekhem Reiki Practitioner, Tai-Chi/ Chi-Gung, Kinesiology. NUI Maynooth Certificate in Counselling skills and Certificate in Teaching Adult Education. Majella has studied Psychology at University level to included Psychology Overview, Child Development, Biology & The Brain and Cognitive Psychology. Majella holds and teaches qualifications in many holistic therapies such as Reflexology, Massage, Indian Head Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Crystal Healing, Shamanic Healing, Ear Candling. Majella holds the NUI Certificate in Adult Education and is an experienced teacher who has lectured at O’Fiach’s College of Education for five years and currently examines the programme's she developed and certifies the Certificates in Indian Head Massage and Reiki level one, level two and level three Practitioners at O’Fiach’s. Majella has taught FETAC Level 6 Child Psychology, FETAC Level 6 Child Development, FETAC Level 5 Developmental Human Psychology at O'Fiaich government educational institute. Majella holds a BA and BSc and the Diana Cooper teaching Angels qualification.
Qualification Requirements For Students to be awarded Certificates
Certificates will be awarded together and cannot be awarded until all modules are completed.
- A 100% commitment is required
- Completion and submission of 20 Hours of Case Studies (5 people treated 4 times)
- 30 minuets hour multiple choice ITEC examination paper in Holistic Reiki
- One hour multiple choice ITEC examination paper in Anatomy & Physiology
- 1/2 hour multiple choice examination paper - ITEC Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
- 1/2 hour practical Reiki treatment including a short oral examination
- Completion of Energy Management & Awareness module
- Continual Assessment of Course Work
- Various College assignments throughout the year
The compulsory modules for this Diploma (unless exempt) are Reiki , Professional Conduct & Business Awareness, College Assignments and Energy Management. Certificates will not be awarded until all modules are completed.
Enrolment and entry qualifications
- Students must have a caring and helpful disposition with a desire to learn more about the Holistic Field and way of being. Be dedicated to their own personal growth and well being:
- Have an acceptable knowledge & capability of written and oral English
- Completed Application Form (Confidential)
- Course Deposit: Non refundable = €350.00
- Examination Fee: €180.00
- Agree to follow the College Code of Ethics
- Signed College Contract of Conditions & that of the governing bodies
- Places are awarded following a College Interview via telephone or face to face
Payment Methods & Bookings
- Course Fee: Please see the following pages - €1495.00 –non refundable under any circumstances. + Examination Fee of €180.00 not included in course fee. (Total= €1665.00)
- You are welcome to pay for the course straight away
- The course can be paid for by march 18th and installments are as follows for all reiki students. €350.00 due October, €350.00 due November, €350.00 December, €350.00 due January, €350.00 due February, €265.00 March
- Please note that all fees are non-refundable and all minimum payments must be met each month
- If a student enrolls on the training programme and leaves the course during the year for any reason or decide to take less modules that they will be liable for the full course fees
ITEC Reiki Course Dates
This ITEC reiki qualification is the only government educational recognized professional reiki qualification in the world , ITEC is mapped upon the European national educational framework!
The only reiki qualification that is mapped upon the European national framework!
Diploma Dates - Autumn 2016-May 2017
Module One: Reiki One
November: Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 November 2016
Module Two: Reiki Second Level:
March 2017: Saturday 04 & Sunday 05
Module Three: Energy Management
January 2017: 21 & 22 (9.00am-6.00pm)
Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 February
Module Four: Reiki Three Practitioner
April 2017 Friday 21(evening), Saturday 22(day), Sunday 23 (day)
Module Five: ITEC Theory & practice Date TBA
Module Six Mocks: May Saturday 13& Sunday 14
We highly recommend the reiki share where we can offer on going teaching and support, it is first Thursday of every month from 7.30pm-9.30pm. If you live more than one hours drive away you will be able to attend a reiki share in your area once a month.
Anatomy & Physiology Module (see anatomy page)
Can be taken in Navan or Dundalk:
Navan Two Tuesday evenings a month 7-10pm
Dundalk two Wednesday evenings a month 6.30 to 9.3-pm
Please note that if you are travelling a great distance you may take anatomy at a College near you, ITEC will accept VTCT, Cibtac (level 3 UK) and FETAC Anatomy (level 5 Ireland)
Business Module- unit 22
Business & Legality:
Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 February 2017
Day School - 9AM- 6PM
Mock Examinations May 2017: Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 May 2017 - Day School
ITEC written & practical exams:
May 2017: Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 2017
(midweek option also available)
Saturday 03 June & Sunday 04 June
Dates confirmed nearer the time by ITEC